About Your Trip
With adventures that range from inlands to islands, experience the incredible diversity of Fiji. Head to Sigatoka Valley, nicknamed the “Salad Bowl,” for its lush landscape filled with fruit trees and fields of vegetables. Board a high-speed jet boat on the Sigatoka River and travel into the interior, winding past villages, sandbars and rocky banks. Disembark at a traditional village where you can learn about its way of life with a tour, a kava ceremony and cultural entertainment.
On your next tour, set sail for Malamala Island for a day of sun, surf and sand. Indulge in complimentary activities, from guided snorkeling and glass-bottom boat tours to kayaking, paddleboarding and snorkeling. The inviting, white-sand beach and lapping warm water are waiting for you to enjoy.
Venture inland again on your final day tour, this time to the rainforest of Nausori Highlands, home of Garden of the Sleeping Giant. Here, discover colorful orchids and native plants amid quaint ponds and verdant forest. Transfer to Nadi where you will explore the impressive Hindu temple Sri Siva Subramaniya, built in 1976. Before lunch, stroll through the markets that feature fresh produce and native handicrafts.
What we love:
• Kava is a drink given to guests visiting a Fijian village; typically, it is prepared by pounding kava root into powder and then adding cold water.
• In addition to multiple fine-dining options on site, the resort’s Marau Village offers an authentic experience where guest eat off banana leaves while enjoying a traditional Fijian cultural show including meke dancing and firewalking.
• The impressive collection of beautiful orchids at Garden of the Sleeping Giant — over 2,000 varieties, in addition to other stunning flowers and plants — was started by the late actor Raymond Burr, star of “Perry Mason” and “Ironside.”
Your DreamTrip includes 7 days and 6 nights in Yanuca Island, Fiji, as well as:
• Half-day river safari and village tour; includes transportation.
• Full-day Malamala Island cruise; includes transportation.
• Full-day Nausori Highlands and Nadi tour; includes transportation.
• Resort credit of 1,250 Fijian dollars for food-and-beverage purchases during your stay. See Additional Information for more details.
• Complimentary Wi-Fi at the resort.
• Welcome greeting with a shell lei upon arrival.
• 6 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 2 dinners.
• All local and hotel taxes.
• An In-destination Support team member will be provided on this trip. Their goal is to ensure you have a great DreamTrips™ experience from landing to liftoff. They host a welcome reception on arrival day, attend scheduled activities throughout the trip, notify the group of itinerary updates and more.
Airfare is not included in the trip price! The closest commercial airport to the hotel is Nadi International Airport (NAN), approximately 35 miles (56 kilometers) away. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for any trip.
Round-trip airport transfers are included from:
Nadi International Airport (NAN) to the hotel on January 14, timing based on flight details provided.
The hotel to Nadi International Airport (NAN) on January 20, timing based on flight details provided.
To arrange your airport transfers, please submit flight details by December 24.
Please note: Transfers are provided only for the airport(s), dates and times listed above.
Award-winning Shangri-La's Fijian Resort and Spa is situated on the private Yanuca Island of Fiji, with enough seclusion for a relaxed stay while still affording proximity to attractions on the mainland. The carefully appointed rooms feature Fijian-inspired decor and balconies with fabulous views of the Pacific. Guests also enjoy the property's bike rental services, tennis court, golf course and other exciting amenities. The beautiful beachfront pool is mere steps away from the clear-blue waters of the South Pacific Ocean.
• 6 restaurants, 2 bars and 24-hour room service.
• Infinity, adults-only, lagoon-style and kids’ pools.
• Direct beach and lagoon access.
• CHI, The Spa.
• Fitness center.
• 9-hole golf course, lighted tennis court, mini-golf, game room and more.
• Little Chief’s Club.
• Shangri-La's Marine Education Centre and SANCTUARY, Shangri-La’s Care for Nature Project.
Superior Ocean View accommodations with:
• 1 king bed or 2 single beds. No extra bed available.
• Maximum occupancy 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Private balcony.
• Satellite television.
• Premium Shangri-La toiletries.
• Complimentary Wi-Fi.
Check-in: 3 p.m.
Minimum check-in age is 18.
Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa
Yanuca Island, Coral Coast
Fiji Islands, Fiji
Hotel Check-in Requirements
By booking this DreamTrip I understand that the hotel may request a credit card upon check-in. The hotel may request the credit card in order to: a) place a monetary hold of US$50-200; or b) hold for incidental, security or other charges. By booking, I acknowledge having received notice of this potential charge and accept that Rovia™ recommends a credit card rather than a debit or bank card be used in the event the hotel requests the card. I understand that any such request made by the hotel is outside of the control of WorldVentures™ and Rovia and is strictly a hotel policy. Should I have questions concerning the hotel’s policy, I accept responsibility for contacting the hotel independent of Rovia or WorldVentures.